- Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual looking to join a market leader
- Be productive at work every day in a role that combines hands-on service and mechanical aptitude
- Join a team-based culture and enjoy great benefits, including flexible group extended health, dental and life insurance, health and wellness spending accounts and Group RRSP Matching Program
About the Organization:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. is one of Western Canada’s leading Pneumatic & Electrical Automation and Compressor Room Systems distributors, with seven full-service locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
For 50 years, our family owned, and managed company has provided automation and compressed air solutions to a diversified industry base across Western Canada.
Whether our clients need a compressed air energy audit, special pneumatic cylinder designs, electric actuation, robotics, optical sensors or machine safety systems, we have the right solution! To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Millwright | Service Technician tojoin our team based in Coquitlam, BC. This position involves maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Rotating Equipment Solutions (RES) onsite at customer locations throughout the Lower Mainland, as well as equipment sent to SKEANS for in-house assessment and repair.
With apprenticeship sponsorship potential, the position will gradually learn and gain experience working to assist the Journeyman Millwright, Service Technicians in the responsibilities of our in-house value-added service, compressor maintenance and general shop and building maintenance.
This position will support the service/maintenance work on piston, vane and rotary screw air compressors, blowers, vacuum pumps, air dryers and will also install compressed air pipe systems.
With strong mechanical aptitude and pride in work, the position contributes to adding value for our customers and meeting service timelines on an ongoing basis, as well as adapting to changing priorities.
You will also be required to carry out the following duties:
- Support with on-site service calls for customers, including start-up coordination of RES equipment
- Perform aluminum piping installation
- Ensure equipment and tools stored properly and neatly at end of day
- Work on shop projects as required
- Assist in receiving and off-loading raw materials
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse and rebuild shop
- Follow up on Service Contracts and Warranty Evaluation of customers’ equipment
This is the perfect opportunity for a Millwright Apprentice with 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position. A trade certificate will be considered an asset, as well as pneumatic automation and compressed air knowledge.
Our ideal candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude with an interest in helping customers with solutions. This position requires some weekend availability for emergency shut down work and once safe again, the ability to travel to the USA for supplier training.
Our close-knit team at SKEANS all strive to embody our values of: Integrity, Knowledge, Respect, Teamwork, and Fun and ideally our successful new candidate will do the same.
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package based on your skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Extended group health and dental benefits
- Comprehensive group insurance
- Healthcare and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Continuing Education support
- Monthly events where we have fun together
If you enjoy working in a fun, team-based environment and possess the drive to take on an exciting new challenge – Apply Now!