- Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual looking to join a market leader
- Be challenged at work every day in a role that combines business development and connecting automation with customer driven innovation
- Join a team-based culture and enjoy great benefits, including flexible group extended health, dental and life insurance, health and wellness spending accounts and Group RRSP Matching Program
About the Organization:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. is one of Western Canada’s leading Pneumatic & Electrical Automation and Rotating Equipment distributors, with seven full-service locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
For over 50 years, our family owned, and managed company has provided automation and compressed air solutions to a diversified industry base across Western Canada.
Whether our clients need a compressed air energy audit, special pneumatic cylinder designs, electric actuation, collaborative robotics, optical sensors, or machine safety systems, we have the right solution! To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Territory Sales Representative, to join our team and make an impact for our customers. By establishing strong partnerships, we connect automation with customer driven innovation, adding value and finding innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses. From generation to actuation, our rotating equipment, pneumatic and electric automation solutions help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer work environment.
The Territory Sales Representative drives business development, sales, and provides technical resources. They build partnerships with end user customers, integrators, product manager, and product suppliers. The successful candidate will have great energy and thrives in a hunter, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment. In addition, it is expected that this individual will have the combination of talent and drive to achieve the sales performance goals.
They will also be required to carry out the following duties:
- Hunt for new sales opportunities and work closely with product managers through monthly funnel management review meetings, and action plans within online CRM/ERP tools
- Facilitate joint sales calls with product specialists and supplier reps to customer sites, as well as visits independently (travel approximately 50%)
- Prepare and deliver technical proposals, presentations, and demonstrations for customers
- Help customers solve problems through gathering information, adding value, and preparing customer quotations that outline solutions based on their needs, including return on investment reporting
- Engage with our supplier partners to support projects and meet sales goals
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in industrial automation, applications, and solution/project sales, involving technical products. Pneumatic and electrical automation knowledge are an asset.
Experience counts, but most of all you must have a motivation to learn, and problem solve. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook and Excel is preferred. This position requires travel to customer sites in Manitoba and the ability to travel to the USA for supplier training. Ability to lift 50 lbs is required.
Our close-knit team at SKEANS all strive to embody our values of: Integrity, Knowledge, Respect, Teamwork, Family, and Fun and ideally our successful new candidate will do the same.
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package based on your skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group insurance
- Extended group health and dental benefits
- Healthcare and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Continuing Education support
If you enjoy working in a fun, team-based environment and possess the drive to take on an exciting new challenge – Apply Now!