- Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual looking to join a market leader
- Be productive at work every day in a role that combines hands-on precision and pride in your work
- Join a team-based culture and enjoy great benefits, including flexible group extended health, dental and life insurance, health and wellness spending accounts and Group RRSP Matching Program
About the Organization:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. is one of Western Canada’s leading Pneumatic & Electrical Automation and Compressor Room Systems distributors, with seven full-service locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
For 50 years, our family owned and managed company has provided automation and compressed air solutions to a diversified industry base across Western Canada.
Whether our clients need a compressed air energy audit, special pneumatic cylinder designs, electric actuation, robotics, optical sensors or machine safety systems, we have the right solution! To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. has an opportunity for a Shop Helper/General Labourer to join our team in Coquitlam, BC. You will be a valuable contributor to our Shop team which includes in-house cylinder production and value-added projects, as well as rotating equipment mechanics. This entry level trades position, with apprenticeship potential, offers the opportunity to learn from Journeyman Machinists and Journeyman Industrial Mechanics, while gaining hands on experience working on machines such as engine lathes, drill press, milling machine and cut off saw.
With strong mechanical aptitude and exceptional attention to detail, this position requires the ability to cut and machine parts required for cylinder assembly. The position contributes to adding value for our customers and meeting service timelines on an ongoing basis, as well as adapting to changing priorities.
You will also be required to carry out the following duties:
- Cut barrels, piston rods on bandsaw
- Machine parts
- Paint and prepare cylinders
- Assist Warehouse Receiver in off-loading raw materials, take inventory
- Assist with compressor room installs, shop overhauls, and pipe system installations
- Assist with installing, dismantling and moving industrial equipment
- Measure, cut and install materials, using hand tools and ladders
- Maintain clean and safe work environment, including machine and shop maintenance and clean up
- Build value-added packages
- Assist in building maintenance and clean-up
- Other duties, as required
This is the perfect opportunity for a mechanically inclined individual exploring the Machinist or Industrial Mechanic trade career path. Fluid power and automation/motion control knowledge would be an asset.
While working both independently and collaboratively with our team, a positive, can-do attitude will set you up for success in this developing role. Sufficient physical strength and stamina are required to meet the demands of the work, including good hearing, good eyesight, manual dexterity, and hand/eye coordination. Good theoretical and practical mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude are an asset.
Our close-knit team at SKEANS all strive to embody our values of: Integrity, Trust, Knowledge, Respect, Teamwork, Consistency, Family, Commitment, and Fun and ideally our successful new candidate will do the same.
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package based on your skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Continuing Education financial support
- Comprehensive group insurance
- Extended group health and dental benefits
- Healthcare and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
If you enjoy working in a fun, team-based environment and possess the drive to take on an exciting new challenge – Apply Now!