- Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual looking to join a market leader
- Be productive at work every day in a role that combines hands-on service and mechanical aptitude
- Join a team-based culture and enjoy great benefits, including flexible group extended health, dental and life insurance, health and wellness spending accounts and Group RRSP Matching Program
About the Organization:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. is one of Western Canada’s leading Pneumatic & Electrical Automation and Compressor Room Systems distributors, with seven full-service locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
For 50 years, our family owned and managed company has provided automation and compressed air solutions to a diversified industry base across Western Canada.
Whether our clients need a compressed air energy audit, special pneumatic cylinder designs, electric actuation, robotics, optical sensors or machine safety systems, we have the right solution! To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Service Technician | Millwright tojoin our team based in Saskatoon, SK. This position involves maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Rotating Equipment Solutions (RES) onsite at customer locations throughout Saskatchewan, as well as equipment sent to SKEANS for in-house assessment and repair. This position will service piston, vane and rotary screw air compressors, blowers, vacuum pumps, air dryers and will also install compressed air pipe systems.
With strong mechanical aptitude and pride in work, the position contributes to adding value for our customers and meeting service timelines on an ongoing basis, as well as adapting to changing priorities. The position also participates in regular territory reviews of technical sales support, service agreements and projects.
You will also be required to carry out the following duties:
- Perform on-site service calls for customers, including start-up coordination of RES equipment
- Follow up on Service Contracts and Warranty Evaluation of customers’ equipment
- Coordinate customer quotes for service work and parts with the Service Coordinator
- Assist sales team and customers with technical assistance
- Perform aluminum piping installation
- Conduct air audits and surveys (training provided)
This is the perfect opportunity for candidates with 3-5 years’ experience in a Service Technician role or similar and a Red Seal Millwright/Industrial Mechanic certificate, pneumatic automation and compressed air knowledge is an asset.
Our ideal candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude with an interest in helping customers with solutions. This position requires travel and some evening/weekend availability for emergency shut down work and once safe again, the ability to travel to the USA for supplier training.
Our close-knit team at SKEANS all strive to embody our values of: Integrity, Trust, Knowledge, Respect, Teamwork, Consistency, Family, Commitment, and Fun and ideally our successful new candidate will do the same.
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package based on your skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Extended group health and dental benefits
- Comprehensive group insurance
- Healthcare and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Continuing Education support
- Monthly events where we have fun together
If you enjoy working in a fun, team-based environment and possess the drive to take on an exciting new challenge – Apply Now!