- Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual looking to join a market leader
- Be challenged at work every day in a role that combines hands on mechanical applications and solutions-oriented customer relationships
- Join a team-based culture and enjoy great benefits, including flexible group extended health, dental and life insurance, health and wellness spending accounts and Group RRSP Matching Program
About the Organization:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. is one of Western Canada’s leading Pneumatic & Electrical Automation and Rotating Equipment distributors, with seven full-service locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
For over 50 years, our family owned, and managed company has provided automation and compressed air solutions to a diversified industry base across Western Canada.
Whether our clients need a compressed air energy audit, special pneumatic cylinder designs, electric actuation, robotics, optical sensors, or machine safety systems, we have the right solution! To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. has an exciting new opportunity for a Collaborative Robotics, Product Specialist, to join our team in Coquitlam and make an impact for our customers. By establishing strong relationships, we connect automation with customer driven innovation, adding value and finding innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses. Collaborative robotics help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer work environment.
You will work closely with the product manager and territory sales team in preparing and presenting technical proposals and product demonstrations.to provide solutions. The role offers a unique blend for someone with strong mechanical aptitude for hands-on tooling and learning, as well as someone with a customer-advocate mindset to grow relationships.
You will also be required to carry out the following duties:
- Develop deep technical understanding of the Universal Robot (UR) collaborative robots and accessory products
- Design tooling for proof of concept and customer demonstrations
- Help customers solve problems through application system design, gathering information, drafting a technical proposal for reference (CAD drawings), and preparing customer sales quotation.
- Maintain the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system utilizing the “funnel” system of tracking customer projects, reporting monthly on their progress.
- Support customers with pre- and post-sale training and troubleshooting assistance; including service and maintenance of robots in the field and in-house
- Engage with our supplier partners to support projects and meet sales goals
This is a great opportunity for candidates with 1-2 years’ experience in industrial robotics or automation industry, using their mechanical engineering knowledge and applying to the manufacturing environment. Pneumatic and electrical automation and compressed air knowledge are an asset.
Experience counts, but most of all you must have a motivation to learn, and problem solve. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook and Excel is preferred. This position requires some travel to customer sites and the ability to travel to the USA for supplier training. Ability to lift 50 lbs is required.
Our close-knit team at SKEANS all strive to embody our values of: Integrity, Trust, Knowledge, Respect, Teamwork, Consistency, Family, Commitment, and Fun and ideally our successful new candidate will do the same.
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package based on your skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group insurance
- Extended group health and dental benefits
- Healthcare and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Continuing Education support
If you enjoy working in a fun, team-based environment and possess the drive to take on an exciting new challenge – Apply Now!