- Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual looking to join a market leader
- Be challenged at work every day in a role that combines team leadership, technical sales, and value-based customer relationships
- Join a team-based culture and enjoy great benefits, including flexible group extended health, dental and life insurance, health and wellness spending accounts and Group RRSP Matching Program
About the Organization:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. is one of Western Canada’s leading Pneumatic & Electrical Automation and Rotating Equipment distributors, with seven full-service locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
For over 50 years, our family owned, and managed company has provided automation and compressed air solutions to a diversified industry base across Western Canada.
Whether our clients need a compressed air energy audit, special pneumatic cylinder designs, electric actuation, collaborative robotics, optical sensors, or machine safety systems, we have the right solution! To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. has an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Sales, Branch Manager to lead our team and make an impact for our customers in the Winnipeg, Manitoba market. By establishing strong partnerships, we connect automation with customer driven innovation, adding value and finding innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses. Automation solutions help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer work environment.
The Branch Manager leads the team in business development, customer service, and technical support. They foster partnerships with end user customers, our technical specialists and sales team, as well as key product suppliers. The successful candidate will have great energy and thrives in a dynamic, customer focused, industrial environment. In addition, it is expected that this individual will have the combination of talent and drive to lead and achieve the sales performance goals.
They will also be required to carry out the following duties:
- Provide leadership, coaching, and training to the customer service and territory sales team
- Help customers solve problems through gathering information, adding value, and preparing customer quotations that outline solutions based on their needs.
- Effectively process customer orders, ensuring that the promises made in the quote process are realistic and that orders are scheduled appropriately.
- Cultivate new sales opportunities and work closely with territory sales and product group managers through monthly funnel management review meetings, forecasting and action plans
- Procurement of stock and non-inventory items, ensuring proper stocking levels of inventory to provide exceptional customer service
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial sales, involving technical products. Pneumatic and electrical automation and compressed air knowledge are an asset.
Experience counts, but most of all you must have a motivation to learn, lead and problem solve. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook and Excel is preferred. This position requires some travel to customer sites in Manitoba and the ability to travel to the USA for supplier training. Ability to lift 50 lbs is required.
Our close-knit team at SKEANS all strive to embody our values of: Integrity, Trust, Knowledge, Respect, Teamwork, Consistency, Family, Commitment, and Fun and ideally our successful new candidate will do the same.
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package based on your skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group insurance
- Extended group health and dental benefits
- Healthcare and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Continuing Education support
If you enjoy working in a fun, team-based environment and possess the drive to take on an exciting new challenge – Apply Now!